It's the bank holiday! Praise be! With still so much to do in the house we are making the most of every opportunity to get our DIY on, which means the majority of the bank holiday so far has been spent attempting to make the house a little prettier and a bit more functional. This weekend we have decided to tackle one of the bedrooms in an attempt to make it feel a little more homely. I thought I would share with you a very quick DIY of how we made our boring white floating shelves a bit more unique.
Shelf- Ours was from Homebase as they are currently selling them for half price
Pretty fabric of your choice
1. Cut fabric to size, you need enough fabric to cover all of your shelf
2. Wrap shelf like a present with fabric, make sure folds are on the bottom of the shelf
3. Staple folds securely in place with staple gun
4. Use craft knife to cut holes needed to secure floating shelf in place
5. Install shelf by following the package instructions and enjoy!
I'm so happy with how well my shelves turned out, especially because of how simple they were to do, they're a brilliant storage solution and have really brightened up my room.
Hope you like them too!
What are all you lovelies up to this Bank Holiday?
Follow me on